Matcha is the highest quality form of green tea.
These are dried green tea leaves grown in the shade. Once the tea leaves are harvested, the stems and veins are removed, and the leaves are ground up into a fine powder.
Matcha has been used for several years by Buddhist monks in long meditation sessions to improve concentration and collect thoughts.
By drinking matcha, we consume green tea leaves and not just the extracts, as in other forms of tea. Therefore, matcha is the most potent form of green tea and the absence of leaves and stems also makes it the highest quality.
WHY IS MATCHA BETTER THAN COFFEE?
- Raises energy levels without a later fall
- Provides 6 hours of energy
- Amazing source of antioxidants
- Keeps your digestive tract healthy
- Rich in chlorophyll – helps detox
- No bad breath and stained teeth
- Rapid increase and then a steep energy fall
- 3o minutes of energy peak
- Weak source of antioxidants
- Negative effect on the digestion
- Inhibits detox
- Causes bad breath and stained teeth
|per 100 g|
|Energy||1193 kJ / 285 kcal|
|Total fat||5,2 g|
|from which saturated||0,7 g|
|from which sugars||1,2 g|
|Dietary fibre||28,6 g|
|Salt||< 0,1 g|
|Vitamins and minerals||per 100 g||NRV %|
|Vitamin C||175 mg||291 %|
|Potassium||2660 mg||59 %|
NRV* dietary reference value